Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Journal Post

Yesterday was strange. I found myself doing something that I hadn't done since my mission, and it was just as I remembered, not all that fun. What was I doing you ask? Well, I has helping the neighbors carry bricks.This is how it happened: I just happened to be walking by, and I saw this lady carrying bricks. This many, many times in Peru. Women performing hard labor, but it never ceases to surprise me. Well, since this was happening on the block where I lived, I went to my house, changed clothes, and then went back to see if I could lend a hand. The Lady is named Magda from Puno (no surprise there) and she gladly accepted the offer, although she kept a close eye on me. After that, there wasn't much conversation as I was busy carrying bricks from the street to inside the fenced area. After about a half an hour, I had to go to the dentist, which is what I'll be talking about next, so I bid adieu to the woman and walked away. I'm not sure if the head bob I got was thanks of just a sign of disbelief that I helped her for no apparent reason. All in all, it was an awkward experience.

The dentist. A few days ago, I chipped a tooth. I chipped my tooth because I eat too quickly and because ever so often, you'll find a small bone or rock in your food. So... I needed to go to the dentist. I once had a wisdom tooth yanked out in Peru, which was a harrowing experience. I do have an advantage in harrowing dentist experiences because I usually go to Dr. Tanner in the USA, who is pretty old school in his techniques and I honestly could find no differences in his procedure for pulling out my first three wisdom teeth and the mission experience of one. Anyway, the lady who fixed my tooth also repaired two cavities. I hate letting people put me in such a vulnerable position, but it had to be done. Fortunately, their equipment was modern enough and it went smoothly. Best part is, the whole ordeal cost me less than 100 dollars, so I chalk it up for a win.


Ayer fue extraño. Me encontré a mí mismo haciendo algo que no había hecho desde mi misión, y fue así como yo recordaba, no todos los que la diversión. ¿Qué estaba haciendo usted pide? Bueno, me ha ayudando a los vecinos llevan bricks.This es cómo sucedió: me acaba de pasar a estar caminando por el, y vi a esta señora transportando ladrillos. Esto muchas, muchas veces en el Perú. Las mujeres que realizan trabajo duro, pero nunca deja de sorprenderme. Bueno, ya que esto ocurría en el bloque donde yo vivía, fui a mi casa, se cambió de ropa, y luego volvió para ver si podía echar una mano. La dama se llama Magda de Puno (ninguna sorpresa allí) y ella aceptó gustosa la oferta, aunque seguido de cerca en mí. Después de eso, no hubo conversación tanto como yo estaba ocupado transportando ladrillos desde la calle hasta el interior de la zona vallada. Después de aproximadamente una media hora, tuve que ir al dentista, que es lo que voy a estar hablando de lo siguiente, adiós a la mujer y se marchó. No estoy seguro si el bob la cabeza lo que conseguí fue gracias de tan sólo un signo de incredulidad que me ayudó sin ninguna razón aparente. En definitiva, fue una experiencia incómoda.

El odontólogo. Hace unos días, he saltado un diente. Yo mi diente astillado porque come demasiado rápidamente y con frecuencia porque siempre es así, usted encontrará un pequeño hueso o piedra en sus alimentos. Así que ... Tenía que ir al dentista. Una vez tuve una muela del juicio arrancó a cabo en Perú, que fue una experiencia desgarradora. Tengo una ventaja en las experiencias desgarradoras dentista porque por lo general van a la doctora Tanner en los EE.UU., que es bastante vieja escuela en sus técnicas y yo honestamente no pudo encontrar diferencias en su procedimiento para la retirada de mis tres primeros dientes de la sabiduría y la misión la experiencia de uno. De todos modos, la señora que me arregló los dientes también reparó dos cavidades. No me gusta dejar que la gente me puso en una posición tan vulnerable, pero que había que hacer. Afortunadamente, su equipo fue bastante moderno y se desarrolló sin contratiempos. La mejor parte es, la prueba dura entera me ha costado menos de 100 dólares, por lo que atribuírselo a una victoria.

1 comment:

  1. Yikes, you know what they say about foreign dentistry....

    ReplyDelete