Thursday, March 11, 2010

Journal Post: Sunset

Well, you will have noticed a bit of a hole in my postings. Sorry about that. I have a valid excuse. Remember that blackout? Well, here at my work, there was a different one a day or so later, and that blackout messed up our internet. As you will recall from this post: http://peaksandpitfallsinperu.blogspot.com/2010/02/candelaria-continued.html, the time it took to get it fixed was a lot longer than it should have been. 5 days. Anyway, at the same time, the internet in the place I currently reside was also on the fritz and probably will not be accessible again. So here is the long awaited update.
I took some more pictures in Mollendo this last weekend, and bid farewell to the beach because I will not likely be seeing it again in the near future. Here are some pictures of a place that I used to go with my companion. It's a cliff against the ocean between the land terminal and the main block of the city. (Mollendo is crazy in it's setup) At this cliff, there are a TON of vultures, seagulls, and pelicans just chilling and riding what I imagine to be wicked sweet updrafts. Anywho, here they are:




1 comment: